2007年4月21日星期六

Journal 6

Journal 6
Today I finished reading . This novel was written by Charles Dickens'. Oliver Twist, one of the most famous works of Charles Dickens', is a novel reflecting the tragic fact of the life in Britain in 18th century. Oliver Twist (1838) is Charles Dickens' second novel. The book was originally published in Bentley's Miscellany as a serial, in monthly installments that began appearing in February 1837 and continued through April 1839. Oliver Twist is the first English novel with a child protagonist,and is also notable for Dickens' unromantic portrayal of criminals and their sordid lives
The hero of this novel was Oliver Twist, an orphan, who was thrown into a world full of poverty and crime. He suffered enormous pain, such as hunger, thirst, beating and abuse. While reading the tragic experiences of the little Oliver, I was shocked by his sufferings. I felt for the poor boy, but at the same time I detested the evil Fagin and the brutal Bill. Oliver was so pitiful. When he was born his mother died and then he become to an orphan. He changes to a good, he has no freedom, his life was so difficult. He was suffering hell on earth. When he absconds to a hell, then he will fell into another hell, again and again. He just a little boy, but he has not given up. He fights with the fate. At last, he become to a winner. He gets happy life. He changes his life to be happiness. Oliver lived a happy life in the end.
How can such a little boy who had already suffered oppressive affliction remain pure in body and mind? The reason is the nature of goodness. I think it is the most important information implied in the novel by Dickens-he believed that goodness could conquer every difficulty. Although I don't think goodness is omnipotent, yet I do believe that those who are kind-hearted live more happily than those who are evil-minded.
This novel is a good novel. It can tell me that I’m very happiness. I should treasure my life; I should not waste my life. When I meet difficult or suffering that I should fight with it. I should not give up. I’m the owner for my life, everyone should fight with themselves.

没有评论: